Friday, August 1, 2008

Promoting

Tony and I are just two guys with day jobs, we're not some theatrical powerhouse with a publicist, nor can we afford one on our own. So publicity is up to us. Last night I spent some time starting this blog, as well as starting up a Facebook group for the show. I've always been wary of Facebook, because, as a friend told me, "you're not 15". I'm getting used to it, however, and honestly, setting up the group last night was darn easy. And sending it out to all of my friends even easier. Way easier than it was to squint thru my Gmail address book to check off the names of people I know, hoping it's their correct address (Gmail basically saves all the address you send to, which is useful, but over a few years, it tends to build up).

So, Facebook group up. Blog up. While I don't think I can track views on this blog (can I?), Facebook gives me instant numerical gratification. And of course, allows people to write on the group's Wall. Right away, a dear high school friend posted words of encouragement, followed by a not-too-unexpected "I knew you when..." story. This particular story involved me getting maybe slightly intoxicated at prom and maybe being a little sick.

Add to that our first comment on this blog, by another friend, calling me an alcoholic.

Ahhh, first day. Great theme started. Excellent branding opportunity for the show!

b

2 comments:

la rubia said...

Others may have stories, but I have ALL the pictures...

Philucifer said...

Get thee over to Google Analytics and you'll be a happy camper when it comes to page views.

Oh, and congrats. You alkie, you.

Patrick